Happy Monday! I just wanted to thank you all for your amazing responses to my last Halloween post with J Cosmo. I have gotten amazing feedback from you all on the post, so I am very excited to share this one. J Cosmo is such an incredible makeup artist and I still am mouth-dropped-amazed at her work.
For those of you who know me, you know I love the movie, "Wizard of Oz". One of my favorite characters is the scarecrow, so I really wanted to re-create the look. Even if you are not a "Wizard of Oz" fan, the scarecrow is still an amazing costume for anyone. Scarecrows are such a staple in autumn so what better way to be fall-tastic than to be an autumn-figure? I really do love this look and hope you all do too. Get my look as a "Chic Scarecrow" below.
Thank you for stopping by the blog today and for your interaction with me. Have a great week!
PS: What should I be for Halloween?
Step by Step Tutorial
1. Begin with a clean and moisturized face.
2. In order for your look to last, begin with your favorite primer. (We used Benefit, 'That Gal' Primer).
3. Now you are ready to apply your foundation. The best way to apply foundation is by using The Beauty Blender.
4. Time for the eyes! (We used Morphe Brushes, Koffee Eyeshadow Palette). After you have a neutral eye, add orange eye-shadow as well.
5. Next step for the eyes is to create a wing! The eye-liner wings is to be steady, make sure your wing is always sharp, and even on both eyes. Start from the outer corner of your eye and bring it toward the end of your brow. Tip: Use tape to create a clean line.
6. Begin to draw the angel-wing, bottom eyelashes (We used Black Radiance--available at Walgreen for only $2.99). Be very still, precise, and make them as large and dramatical or simple as you prefer.
7. When you are done with the eyes, it is time to finish off the face! Start by concealing under your eyes with your favorite concealer. (We used Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer).
8. Now to contour! Contour your face how YOU usually do, since you know your face the best (We used Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light/Medium).
9. Let's make you a scarecrow officially! Take orange face-paint and make an orange triangle on your nose and fill it in (Similar face-paint to what we used is Snazaroo via Michael's).
10. To complete the nose take the black liquid-liner and make little lines around the triangle you created on your nose. Once again, make them as dramatic or simple as you prefer (We used Black Radiance).
11. With the same orange face-paint create two orange circles on each cheek. Then add any details or "stitches", if you want, to really highlight the cheek details.
10. Use your desired lip-liner and lipstick to set up your lips for the next step. Then extend your smile with black "stitches" using black liquid-liner.
11. To tie the entire look together, add a "chic" hat or straw hat (if you want the known scarecrow look).
Shop the Post
Primer: Benefit, 'That Gal' | Makeup Application Sponge: The Original Beauty Blender |
Eye Shadows: Morphe Brushes, Koffee Eyeshadow Palette |
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage |
Contour: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Light/Medium |
Liquid Eyeliner: Black Radiance | Face Paint: CVS (similar here) |
Hat: Forever 21 (similar here)
Let's be Best Friends
Looking for Something?
I am just a Miami girl in her twenties, following her dreams, all while sipping on coffee. Welcome to my blog where I share an inside look into my life. XO